Sometimes for many different reasons, we want to return something to Walmart.
Then is when we wonder about the return policy. How long is? What about electronics (laptops, TV, video game, cells, battery)? a bike? and without receipt?
What is the return policy at walmart?
- Generally, the receipted returns are taken by Walmart as a refund within the allowed period with a receipt. Such returns are refunded in the way the payment was made.
- In case the customer has made a check payment, the refund is done in cash.
- Purchasing using a credit card indicates the refund will be raised to the same. In case the credit card original is not available by scanning the receipt TC number, the refund will be done onto a gift or shopping card.
- Shopping using a debit card means the refund is done in cash. If it fails to show the TC number, the same as the credit card, the refund will be on a shopping or a gift card.
The general period for refunds is 90 days but there are exceptions (see the FAQ section at the end of this article).
Walmart gives exchange on non-receipted returns if:
- The process of refund verification is acceptable for return.
- There is a government-issued ID.
To return to Walmart, an item is best done by checking on:
- ‘My Account’ > ‘Track Orders’ > ‘View Details’ –
- Click ‘Start a Return’ and receive a free return label.
Pack the item as original packaging and follow the instructions. If Walmart processes the returns, the refund is certainly issued.
You can also do the returns in the store. Check the walmart hours for returns.
Finally, for all the refunds, it is best to keep the receipt copy so that it is easier to claim your refund. Walmart accepts return within 90 days from the delivery or purchase date. Yet now, with the Pandemic situation on the worse, the returns are not effective.
The walmart return hours is whenever the stores are opened. It is from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. every day of the week. You can check in this article the walmart hours in detail
What is the return policy in electronics?
Electronic items (including televisions or TV, laptops, cell phones and others) must be returned in 15 days. The receipt must be included. Check the available returns hours for in store.
What about video games?
Video games must be returned in 90 days. But they must be unopened.
Can I return something after 90 days?
No, it is not possible.
Can i return something without receipt?
Yes, in general you can (for example in clothes) except for electronics, video games, airbeds, outside tools, CDs, DVDs and trees.
Can I receive a refund in cash?
The cash refund is available for purchases under 25$. In other case you will get a shopping card.
Where can I find the walmart official return policy?
Where can I find all the exceptions
Check this Walmart link with all the exceptions here.
What about special situations like coronavirus?