Costco is an American owned retail company that was founded by James Sinegal and Jeffrey Brotman in 1976 as Price Club. However, by 1983, their business name would be changed to Costco.
Today this multinational corporation runs a chain of membership-based warehouse clubs from its headquarters in Issaquah, Washington, United States.
By 2019, Costco was reputed to be in 785 locations around the world. Costco can be found in North and Central America, Europe and Asia. This company is headed by W. Craig Jelinek who is the President and CEO.
Costco Official site
If you want to shop at Costco, then you can do so online when you visit their official website. You can also check them out on Facebook and Pinterest. Costco website URL, social media links and customer service phone number are below;
- Costco official site URL is https://costco.com/
- Costco customer service phone number: 1-800-444-1408
The Costco online shopping app can be accessed by both Android and iOS mobile device users. Downloading the app is absolutely free and with the app you can conveniently shop from anywhere and at any time of the day.
Costco is known to offer their members a variety of amazing shopping deals that provide cost saving benefits to Costco members. A couple of these deals include;
- Costco Anywhere Visa Card: Provided by Citi, this Visa Card offers Costco members a number of benefits that include;
- Gas purchase benefits (4% paid back)
- Restaurant/Travel purchase benefits (3% paid back)
- 2% discount for purchases at Costco or Costco online.
- 1% discount for purchases anywhere else.
- Zero annual fee.
- Costco Executive and Gold Star Membership Offer: Members that make purchases as much as $230 monthly for about a year can subscribe to the Costco Executive membership plan where you get back 2% of your purchases which ultimately takes care of your Costco membership fee. Members can also subscribe to a Gold Star membership plan if they prefer.
There are many shopping departments offered by Costco. These range from home improvement to books and toys. Some of the departments here you can conveniently purchase items online include;
- Clothing,Luggage & Handbags
- Floral & Gift Baskets
- Food, Household & Pet
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Gift Cards & Tickets
Costco has about 785 warehouse locations around the world. In the United States, customers can have access to a number of stores in major cities. Below are the locations of a few of these stores in the U.S;
- Lanham, MD, United States.
- Arlington, VA, United States.
- Beltsville, MD, United States.
- Wheaton, MD, United States.
- Alexandria, VA, United States.
- Brandywine, MD, United States.
- Springfield, VA, United States.
- Hanover, MD, United States.
Costco Online Shopping Help
Costco online shopping provides a number of customer service options for both customers and prospective customers.
These customer service support options are specific to need and help people to resolve pending issues quickly. They include;
- Self Service
- Credit Card
- General Information
- Returns, Refunds & Replacements
- Product Information
- Technical & Warranty Support
Alternatively, you can also make use of the Live Chat and Call support.
Costco warehouses can be found in the following countries;
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
Online Shopping Competitors
Costo is one of the top multinational corporations in America today. Its full name is Costco Wholesale Corporation.
The services that the company provides are in various categories, which are Warehouse Club, Cash & Carry and Merchandise. The company has a total revenue of US$145.6 billion as of 2018. On the other hand, its operating income was US$4.48 billion as of 2018.
Its Net Income as of 2018 stood at US$3.13 billion, while it had a total asset of US$40.83 billion as of 2018. The company equally boasts of total equity that stood at US$12.80 billion in 2018.
As to 2018, the company had up to 245,000 employees, which makes it one of the largest employers of labor in the world. The Kirkland Signature appears on every item the company sells. There is a frequent change in the inventory at Costco.
The new inventory is equally available online so that those customers that prefer online shopping can also order any of the items that the outlet sells.
After holding some items for a length of time, the company will discontinue the items or sell them as seasonal products.
Over the years, the company increased the categories of items that it sells both at its brick and mortar stores and its online store.
In times past, the company sold only boxed products. You could simply dispense the products by removing the stretch wrap on them.
Things have changed these days as the company now sells several other types of products, which you cannot handle as easily as before.
Examples of the new set of items you can buy at the online and brick and mortar stores of Costco Wholesale Corporation are.
- Vacuum cleaners
- Solar panels
- Perishable items like seafood, meat, fresh produce, flowers, fresh baked goods and dairy
- Hot tubs
- Home electronics
- Home appliances
- Fine wine
- Computer software
Any of the items above will also arrive at your preferred destination very fast when you buy from the brick and mortar store or you order online.