How to Order Food Online with EBT at Walmart
As a recipient of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, you may be wondering if you can use your EBT card to order food online from Walmart. The good news is that you can! Walmart accepts EBT cards at all participating locations, both in-store and online.
Step by Step Guide to Ordering Food Online with EBT at Walmart
- Create a Walmart account: If you don’t already have one, you can create a Walmart account by visiting the Walmart website and following the on-screen instructions.
- Select your items: Browse the Walmart online grocery section and select the items you want to purchase. Add them to your cart.
- Proceed to checkout: When you’re ready to checkout, click on the shopping cart icon in the top right corner of the screen and then click “proceed to checkout.”
- Choose delivery or pickup: Choose either delivery or pickup, whichever option works best for you. If you choose delivery, select your preferred delivery date and time.
- Enter payment information: On the payment page, select the “EBT” option and enter your EBT card information. If you have a co-pay, you’ll need to pay the co-pay with a credit or debit card.
- Review and place your order: Review your order to make sure everything is correct, and then place your order.
Examples of Food You Can Order Online
You can use your EBT card to purchase a wide variety of food items online at Walmart, including:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Bakery items
- Dairy products
- Meats and poultry
- Canned goods and soups
- Grains and cereals
Keep in mind that some items, such as hot prepared foods, alcohol, and cigarettes, cannot be purchased with SNAP benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use EBT for delivery fees?
A: No, delivery fees cannot be paid with EBT. You’ll need to pay the delivery fee with a credit or debit card.
Q: Can I use EBT at Walmart pickup locations?
A: Yes, you can use EBT at Walmart pickup locations. Simply select the “pickup” option when ordering and pay with your EBT card when you arrive at the pickup location.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the amount I can spend with EBT at Walmart?
A: The amount is determined by your SNAP benefit allotment. Your EBT card will be declined if you try to make a purchase that exceeds your available balance.