Amazon is a multinational technology company domiciled in the United States of America, Seattle, Washington to be precise.
The company focuses on shopping, artificial intelligence, digital streaming, cloud computing, e-commerce and so on.
Amazon is also one of the Big Four technology companies in the USA. The company was founded online in 1994 and covers the shopping in almost all the countries in the world.
Amazon online shopping Official site
- The Amazon Official website is www.amazon.com
- Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_(company)
- Facebook website: https://web.facebook.com/Amazon/?_rdc=1&_rdr
- Twitter account: https://twitter.com/amazonhelp?lang=en
- Instagram Accent: https://www.instagram.com/amazon/?hl=en
- Customer service phone number: 009 1 206-922-0880
You can do the shopping in your mobile device with the online apps. You can download them from:
- Google Play: https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000645111
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-app-shop-browse-scan/id297606951?mt=8
Amazon offers several deals for all and sundry, including Black Friday deals, Christmas deals and lost more. You can check for these deals at:
- Electronic deals: https://www.amazon.com/Deals-Electronics/b?ie=UTF8&node=540734
- Fashion deals: https://www.amazon.com/fashion-sales-and-deals/b?ie=UTF8&node=9538491011
- Deal of the day: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11585862011
- UK deals: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/deals
You can shop online in the website products from the following categories:
- Prime video
- Music, CDs & Vinyl
- Kindle store
- Digital music
- Arts & crafts
- Beauty & personal care
- Men’s fashion
- Women’s fashion
- Boys’ fashion
- Girls’ fashion
- Home & kitchen
- Health & household
- Industrial & Scientific
- Tools & home improvement
- Sports & outdoors
- Pet Supplies
- Movies & television
- Toys & games
You can easily locate any Amazon online store closest to you by using the Amazon store locator. The locator will display the various Amazon stores in any country you reside in.
- Visit https://www.amazon.com/slp/store-locator/sy8d5od3c7mp7g5
- The map will display the particular store close to your particular location
- You can also search manually for any other Amz store at another location. To do this use the search bar you find at the top of the store locator screen.
You can find help at the help section on the Amazon online homepage. The company provides several articles that can direct you on how to use the various services offered here. The articles will guide you on how to purchase on the shop via the website or via the mobile app.
The outlet equally offers great discount on each item on sale and quality is always assured so that you can buy various items here with confidence. If you cannot find help via any of the articles, you can get in touch with the customer care agents via phone call, email, by filling the web form you can find on the website and even via live chat.
Also, you can get help about the various products and services provided by Amz by contacting the company via any of its social media accounts as highlighted above.
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
Amazon is the most known online marketplace. It is an online platform where you can buy virtually any type of product, both your own and from external vendors. In addition, they are characterized by offering us the best price, for offering reconditioned products (they have some tare, but they can cost up to 70% compared to their original price), unbeatable shipping times, good customer service, in addition to Other keys that make buying on it an experience.
If we want to make the most of benefits, we can hire what is known as Amazon Prime, a subscription service that has many advantages ready.
It has one of the best customer services available. You can surf the online website to find answers to all your shopping questions.
There is an online return center when you can check about the refund policy. Depending on the payment method a refund method will apply.
These are the current ones:
- Credit Card: If you pay with credit card you can ask for refund in credit card (3-5 days) or gift card (immediately).
- Debit card: You can ask for a refund in your debit cards (10 days).
- Gift card: The refund is immediately to your gift balance.
The time to ask for a full money back is 30 days. After that, a different policy will apply.
- After 30 days: you will get 80% of the price.
- For music: 50% of the price.
- Used items: 50% of the price.
- Software or videogames opened: 0%
How to Shop in www.amazon.com
The online shopping process in Amazon is very simple. Just follow this steps:
- Go to the official website online www.amazon.com
- If you are not from the USA you will be redirected to the store of your country.
- Navigate through the website to find your products. You can go to a specific category or search for a specific product.
- Add products to the basket
- Select your payment method
- Pay and select shipping options and shipping address.
- The process is complete. You will receive the products in your home quicky.
- If you have amazon prime you can select 1 day delivery for some products.
The founder of Amazon, being a Wall Street expert, after reading a report that analyzed the internet market and its future, discovered that an annual growth of 2,300% in web commerce was projected.
After knowing this, he decided to create a small list of the online products that he thought would be sold very quickly and very easily when marketed through the internet. It resulted in a list of only 20 products but it was still a very long list so he continued working on it to reduce it to 5 possible products successfully for the business he was looking for.
In the end, after an exhaustive search and selection, he decided that the perfect business model for what he was looking for would be books since the world demand for literature was enormous.
This decision was a complete success thanks to the low prices of the books it offered added to the huge amount of literary titles that it had in existence
The bookstore managed to achieve a success such that only in the first two months of life. The business sold to more than 45 different countries including the United States. Their sales were up to $ 20,000 a week.
Origin of the name
The interesting thing is that the company was not really called that since its origins, it had several names for different reasons before Jeff Bezos arrived at the one we all now recognize without hesitation.
When Bezos created the company in 1994, he created it with the name of “Cadabra”. But he had to change this name after a lawyer was mistaken for “corpse”.
In that same year, he acquired the URL domain “Relentless .com ”for what the company had for a not very long period of time (not more than one year) that name online. But the friends of the founder convinced him that such name was not as suitable or flashy for his company. It sounded, a bit sinister.
Why this name
Jeff Bezos opted for that name because the Amazon is an immense, exotic and very different place from what man knows. And he wanted his shop to also fit that description. The largest river in the world. And he wanted his store to be the largest online store in the world.
The company was created in the year of 1994, in the state of Washington. The company sells its first book in the year of 1995. In October of 1995, Amazon is announced to the public.
In 1996, it was decided to reinstate in Delaware.
It launches its initial public offering of shares on May 15, 1997. And while trading under the NASDAQ AMZN stock exchange symbol, the company’s stock at that time was at a price of $ 18 for each share.
The business plan with which the company decided to bet was unusual. The company did not expect to obtain benefits until four or five years later. And because of this kind of “slow” growth, shareholders began complaining that the company was not achieving money fast enough to justify its investment and even that It was apt to survive long term.
It survived the turn of the century and all the problems, growing to become a huge website in online sales.
In the end, he obtained his first benefit in the fourth quarter of 2001. It was 5 million dollars, which means that the price of the stock was 1 cent. The revenues exceeded one billion dollars.
For the year of 1999, Time magazine recognized Jeff Bezos as the person of the year, because of the company’s great success.